Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Smile! It's Mona Lisa!

Mona Lisa Smile is an average movie for me. I don’t hate it but I don’t like it much either. I think the movie is kinda boring for me. It’s too formal and the story line is flat I would say. But I don’t deny I love to see Julia Roberts in this movie that acted as Katherine, the new teacher in town.

Katherine tried all her best to teach the students there. At first, the students don’t like her because she is new. However, one day, Katherine tests them with something they don’t know and because of that, the students realized that Katherine is not an ordinary teacher they had before.

I salute Katherine’s determination to change the students into something good. This is a good example to be followed because not all teachers have this courage to change for good. She tried her best eventhough she was hated at the first time.

I think most of the teachers in any school in Malaysia should act how Katherine acts. She is very good in delivering her own way of teaching and not afraid of trying something new. She’s very determined and in the end of the movie, all of her students don’t want her to go because she has become an important element in the students’ life.

The ending of this movie is so-so only. I don’t like it because it doesn’t wrap what’s in the movie. It’s like hanging.

One thing I noticed in this move is the great determination lead into successful life. Katherine is a great example for me to be a great teacher one day. She determines to teach her students in any ways she could.

No comments:

Post a Comment